1. Your Acceptance
Access to and use of PT6Nation.com both within Canada and internationally is provided by the Pratt & Whitney Canada Corp. (“P&WC”). By using or visiting the PT6Nation.com (the “MICROSITE”) you agree to be bound by (1) P&WC’s Legal Notice, (2) P&WC’s Privacy Statement.
By using PT6Nation.com you agree to be bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of PT6Nation.com. If you do not agree to be bound by all of the following terms, please do not access, use and/or contribute to PT6Nation.com.
P&WC may change these terms from time to time and so you should check these terms regularly. Your continued use of PT6Nation.com will be deemed acceptance of the updated or amended terms. If you do not agree to the changes, you should cease using this Microsite.
2. Your Account
In order to participate in and contribute to PT6Nation.com communities you must register with PT6Nation.com and create an account. You may never use another's account without permission. When creating your account, you must provide accurate and complete information. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs through your account, and you must keep your account password secure. Any personal information supplied to PT6Nation.com as part of this registration process and/or any other interaction with PT6Nation.com will be collected, stored and used in accordance with the P&WC Privacy Statement. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or username or any other breach of security relating to the Microsite.
You agree to use PT6Nation.com only for lawful purposes and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of PT6Nation.com. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within PT6Nation.com.
Certain links on the Microsite may launch third party websites that are not owned or controlled by P&WC. P&WC has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party websites. In addition, P&WC will not and cannot censor or edit the content of any third-party site. By using PT6Nation.com, you expressly relieve P&WC from any and all liability arising from your use of any third-party website.
4. Community Rules
You agree to use PT6Nation.com communities (including message boards) in accordance with the following Community Rules. These apply across all PT6Nation.com community sites and services.
(i) About your posts:
- Contributions must be civil and tasteful.
- No disruptive, offensive or abusive behaviour:contributions must be constructive and polite, not mean-spirited or contributed with the intention of causing trouble.
- No unlawful or objectionable content:unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, sexist, racially offensive or otherwise objectionable material is not acceptable. P&WC reserves the right to remove any posts or contributions deemed offensive, in its sole discretion. If the offensive posts or contribution persist, then P&WC will remove the PT6Nation member from the Microsite.
- Be patient:users of all abilities may be taking part in the relevant PT6Nation.com community.
- No spamming or off-topic material:we don't allow the submission of the same or very similar contributions many times. Please don't re-submit your contribution to more than one discussion, or contribute off-topic material in subject-specific areas.
- No advertising or promoting.
- No impersonation.
- No inappropriate (e.g. vulgar, offensive etc) user names.
- Deliberate misuse of the Microsite is not permitted.If you persist in doing this, action may be taken against your account.
(ii) Your PT6Nation Account:
If you use multiple logins for the purpose of disrupting a community or annoying other users you may have action taken against all of your accounts.
All accounts must be registered with a valid personal email address that you access regularly so that moderation emails can be sent to you. Accounts registered with someone else's email address, or with temporary email addresses may be closed without notice. We may require users to re-validate their account if we believe they have been using an invalid email address.
P&WC reserves the right to close accounts if any user is seen to be using proxy IPs (Internet Protocol addresses) in order to attempt to hide the use of multiple PT6 Nation accounts.
(iii) Legal requirements:
- As a PT6Nation.com account holder you may submit Content to the Microsite, including videos, photos and user comments.
- You may not submit or share any defamatory or illegal material of any nature in PT6Nation.com communities. This includes text, graphics, video, programs or audio.
- Contributing Content to a PT6Nation.com community with the intention of committing or promoting an illegal act is strictly prohibited.
- You shall be solely responsible for your own Content and the consequences of submitting and publishing your Content on PT6Nation.com.
- You affirm, represent, and warrant that you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to publish Content you submit; and you license to P&WC the use of all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights in and to such Content for publication on the PT6Nation.com pursuant to these Terms of Service.
- For clarity, you retain all of your ownership rights in your Content. However, by submitting Content to PT6Nation.com, you hereby grant P&WC a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licenseable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, broadcast, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the Content in connection with the Microsite and P&WC's (and its successors' and affiliates') business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Microsite (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels.
- You further agree that Content you submit to the Microsite will not contain third party copyrighted material, or material that is subject to other third party proprietary rights, unless you have permission from the rightful owner of the material or you are otherwise legally entitled to post the material and to grant P&WC all of the license rights granted herein.
P&WC does not permit copyright infringing activities and infringement of intellectual property rights on the Microsite, and P&WC will remove all Content if properly notified that such Content infringes on another's intellectual property rights. P&WC reserves the right to remove Content without prior notice. To notify P&WC about infringing content, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
(iv) If you breach these Community Rules:
If you fail to abide by these Community Rules when taking part in a PT6Nation.com community, you will be sent an email which informs you why the content you posted was removed. This email will also include a warning that continuing to break the rules may result in action being taken against you and/or your account or accounts.
This action may include any Content posted by you being checked before being allowed to go on the site or a temporary or permanent suspension of your ability to participate in any or all of PT6Nation.com community areas.
If you submit or share offensive or inappropriate content to or with any PT6Nation.com communities or anywhere else on PT6Nation.com or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on PT6Nation.com, and P&WC considers such behaviour to be serious and/or repeated, P&WC may use whatever information that is available to it about you to stop any further infringements.
P&WC reserves the right to delete any contribution, or take action against any PT6Nation.com account, at any time, for any reason.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
The majority of content posted in PT6Nation.com communities is created by members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the P&WC. P&WC is not responsible for any content posted by members of the public on PT6Nation.com or for the availability or content of any third party sites that are accessible through PT6Nation.com. Any links to third party websites from PT6Nation.com do not amount to any endorsement of that site by P&WC and any use of that site by you is at your own risk.
PT6Nation.com content, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to P&WC, its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided "AS IS" and on an "AS AVAILABLE" basis. To the extent permitted by law, P&WC excludes all representations and warranties (whether express or implied by law), including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. P&WC does not guarantee the timeliness, completeness or performance of the Microsite or any of the content.
While we try to ensure that all content provided by P&WC is correct at the time of publication no responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of P&WC for any errors, omissions or inaccurate content on the Microsite.
P&WC does not warrant that functions available on PT6Nation.com will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that PT6Nation.com or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to implement sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output.
P&WC excludes all liability for damages arising out of or in connection with your use of PT6Nation.com. This includes, without limitation, direct loss, loss of business or profits (whether or not the loss of such profits was foreseeable, arose in the normal course of things or you have advised P&WC of the possibility of such potential loss), damage caused to your computer, computer software, systems and programs and the data thereon or any other direct or indirect, consequential and incidental damages.
If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any province, territory, state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.
The failure or delay of P&WC to exercise or enforce any right in these terms does not waive P&WC's right to enforce that right.