Engine of Choice: from converters to the ag market, new PT6A-140 engine series leads the pack
The PT6A-140 engine series is fast earning “engine-of-choice” status in the agricultural and utility markets as OEMs and converters alike select the engine. The PT6A-140 engine was originally certified for the Cessna Grand Caravan EX. With over 350 engines produced, the PT6A-140 has accumulated more than 230,000 hours and a perfect record of reliability.
- To date, the PT6A-140 powers 20 Blackhawk Modification’s XP140 New Engine+ Upgrades for the Cessna Caravan.
- The engine will also power the Cessna Caravan conversion offered by StandardAero.
- Aircraft Structures International Corp. (ASIC) will use the PT6A-140 engine for its Cessna Caravan conversion as well.
- The Air Tractor 502XP agricultural spray plane, now in service, is the first ag aircraft to be driven by the PT6A-140AG.
- The Thrush 510P aircraft, expected to receive FAA certification in 2017, will also use the 140AG.
The engine has earned its status because it is recognized as providing best-in-class power and performance with reduced operating costs all supported by the best customer service network in the business.