Local airport becomes the busiest in the world for the week.
AirVenture, held annually for the past 60 years by the Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA), is one of the largest gatherings of aviation enthusiasts in the world.
Here are some interesting facts:
• AirVenture is held at Wittman Regional Airport on the outskirts of Oshkosh, Wisconsin; during the event, it will become the busiest airport in the world.
• A half-million people from 60 countries will attend the event.
• 10,000 aircraft will fly in for the week-long gathering.
• The event is made possible through the volunteering efforts of 4,000 EAA members, of which there are 175,000 globally.
• On display are “homebuilts,” ultra-light aircraft and a mind-boggling variety of current and vintage military aircraft.
• Given the event’s relatively rural locale, many of the participants camp out in tents and RVs in what become mini-cities on the aircraft grounds.
• P&WC has been attending the EAA for more than 10 years to support aircraft manufacturers and generate awareness about its products and customer service capabilities.
• The EAA is one of 40 PT6A-related events that P&WC attends annually as part of its customer-outreach program.
• At the EAA, P&WC meets with more aircraft owner-operators than at any other show, making it the ideal venue to get direct feedback on the PT6 engine and the products and services the company offers.